Effective Date: 18 July 2023
Information We Collect
1.1 Personal Information
We may collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you use our website or services. This information may include your name, email address, phone number, postal address, and other relevant contact details. We collect this information to communicate with you, provide the requested services, and respond to your inquiries.
1.2 Non-Personal Information
We may also collect non-personal information automatically as you navigate through our website. This information may include your IP address, browser type, device information, operating system, and website usage data. We collect this information to improve our website, enhance user experience, and analyse trends.
Use of Information
2.1 Personal Information
We use your personal information to:
- Respond to your inquiries and provide the requested information or services.
- Process and fulfil your orders or requests for solar energy products and services.
- Send you important updates, notifications, and administrative messages.
- Personalise your experience and provide relevant content and offers.
- Improve our website, products, and services based on your feedback.
- Conduct research, data analysis, and statistical purposes to enhance our business.
- Comply with legal obligations and enforce our rights and policies.
2.2 Non-Personal Information
Non-personal information is used primarily for analytical purposes to understand and improve our website’s performance, functionality, and user experience. This information may be aggregated and anonymised for statistical analysis and reporting.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
3.1 Third-Party Service Providers
We may engage trusted third-party service providers to perform various services on our behalf, such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, customer support, and email communications. These service providers may have access to your personal information only to the extent necessary to perform their tasks and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
3.2 Legal Requirements
We may disclose your personal information to comply with applicable laws, regulations, legal processes, or government requests. We may also disclose your information to protect our rights, safety, and property, or the rights, safety, and property of others.
3.3 Business Transfers
If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, your personal information may be transferred as part of that transaction. We will notify you via email or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or use of your personal information.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies
We implement reasonable security measures to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction. However, please note that no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is completely secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our website and services are not directed to individuals under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If you are a parent or guardian and believe that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us, and we will take steps to remove that information from our systems.
If you are located in the European Economic Area (EEA), the processing of your personal information is subject to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We process your personal information on the following legal bases:
- The processing is necessary to perform a contract with you or to take steps at your request before entering into a contract.
- The processing is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations.
- The processing is based on your consent, which you can withdraw at any time.
- The processing is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party, except where your rights and freedoms override those interests.
- As a data subject, you have certain rights under the GDPR, including the right to access, rectify, erase, restrict or object to the processing of your personal information.
To exercise your rights or seek further information, please contact us using the details provided in Section 9.
Please allow up to 14 days for us to respond to your inquiries.
Thank you for choosing Start Solar.